- How To Download the Driver Pulse App
- Logging Into Pulse
- Pulse App Home Page
How To Download the Driver Pulse App
Driver Pulse is a free app provided by Tenstreet for drivers. It allows drivers to search and apply for jobs, communicate with other drivers, coordinate with recruiters, complete trainings, upload documents, and also manage their onboarding and post-hire activities.
You can find the Driver Pulse app by visiting the app store, found both on iOS and Android.
You can also access Driver Pulse directly on the web by going to http://pulse.tenstreet.com. Please note that Driver Pulse is not compatible on tablets, the Safari Browser or Internet Explorer. For best results, please use Google Chrome or Firefox.
Logging Into Pulse
If you are having trouble logging into Driver Pulse, please visit this article.
Pulse App Home Page
(Please Note: If you are currently working with a company that uses Tenstreet, it is possible that your home page will be your company’s home page. Please navigate to the Company Home Page section of this article to learn how to utilize this page.)
Click on “Edit Profile” at the top of the page. This will take you to the screen shown below.
- Connected Info - The number of carriers and drivers that you have connected with through Driver Pulse. If you click the number of carriers, it will ask you if you want to send any unsent documents to the carriers that you have connected with.
- Share - You can use this button if you want to share the Tenstreet Driver Pulse app with other drivers! If you click on this button, your default email client app will open a new email draft which will include the Pulse app download link within the app store.
- Profile - View your stored autofill information. For authentication purposes before you’re able to edit this page, it will prompt you to enter the last 4 digits of your SSN to verify your identity or verify your identification through face recognition. If you have any issues with this, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and a description of the issue you're experiencing. Once you authenticate, the page will refresh to look like a pre-filled IntelliApp with your information. Any changes that you make will need to be properly saved before they reflect on future applications you fill out. You will need to click the “Next” button at the bottom of each page until you have the option to “Save” at the end screen. On the same page where you Save, you may also request an email copy of your autofill information for your own records.
- Job Filter - Set your job filters when searching for a new company such as your search location, your current experience, and other information to better match you with carriers and openings. The Job Preferences section here will help carriers understand what is most important to you in a job.
- Profile Documents - A list of common documents required by carriers that you can upload. For help with uploading documents, please see How do I upload documents in Driver Pulse?
- Training Classes - Access the optional Pulse Training Content. Additionally, if the carrier that you have applied to assigns you any specific training courses, they can be found here as well. This is discussed in further detail in the Training section.
- Ratings - Rate companies (1-5 stars) which will contribute to their overall average rating in Driver Pulse.
- Share History - Have you shared Driver Pulse with other drivers through the “Share” button on your profile? This section details the number of times the link you shared has been accessed.
In the Tasks button, you will see the tasks a carrier has assigned to you to complete. This will include requests for certain documents to be either uploaded or shared, as well as any training courses they would like you to complete.
This button will take you straight to your documents, giving you the ability to upload, delete, or send to specific companies. You can also click on the camera icon at the top to take a picture of a new document you’d like to store on your app. This would make it easier for you to share documents to the carrier you need! For help with uploading documents, please see How do I upload documents in Driver Pulse?
The Activity button will display a list of any changes that have been made to your submitted applications. These updates may not always be very descriptive, but if you click on an option for a carrier, it will take you to the company page. From there, you can contact the carrier and ask for a more detailed update.
If you’re looking to find a new company, then look no further than the Jobs section. You can access the “Jobs” section by either selecting “Jobs” in the main section of your home screen or selecting the “Jobs” tab at the bottom of your screen.
The first time you open the Jobs screen, you will be prompted to enter your home location, your driving experience length, and what type of job you’re looking for. This will help to filter down the best possible match for your next step in your trucking career.
After entering in your filters, jobs that fit the filter criteria will display. You will see a Match Power percentage underneath each carrier’s name to show how well your job filters match up with their open position. Review your Job Filters here.
In the top right of the screen, you can click on “Filter” to adjust your filters and ensure you’re searching for your perfect position with the right company for you.
You can also search for specific carriers at the top by typing in the name of the carrier that you’re looking for and hitting “Search” on your keyboard if you’re on a mobile device or hitting “Enter” if you’re on a computer.
You can click on “Read More” in the bottom right of each job posting to read more information about each position, which may include the pay information, benefits, and requirements, as well as a little bit of information about the company. To apply for the position, you can click on “Apply Now”. If you have completed your Profile information in the “Profile” section, as you fill out the application, you will have the ability to opt to pre-fill your application information.
Below the job postings you see at the top, you’ll see recommended companies below. You can click on “Apply” to directly apply to the company or click on “Jobs” to view the open positions they have shared on Tenstreet.
Messages allows for you to connect with anyone - drivers, your spouse, or a friend, whether they are using Driver Pulse or not. Here you can also send a message to the Driver Pulse Team at Tenstreet and connect to a Pulse Ambassador*. (*Please Note: you must be connected to a company that is currently using the Pulse Ambassador Program to utilize the Pulse Ambassador.)
When first clicking on the Connect button, you will be requested to enter your Recent Driving Experience. Once that has been entered, you can click “Save” at the bottom of the screen, and this will open the messaging screen, and will show your current connections, and recent messages.
If you wish to invite other drivers to use Pulse, you can select the “+Invite” button in the top left of your screen. You may also type a name in the top “Search” bar to search for drivers in the Pulse Network.
If you wish to edit your experience, you can click on the Gear icon in the top right of your screen to make those changes.
To start a new message thread with any of your connections, you’ll want to click the pencil and pad icon in the top right of your screen.
To select a connection, click on the bubble on the right side of each connection and ensure it has turned into a Green Checkmark to confirm who you’d like to send a message to. Then select “Done” in the top-right corner of your screen to bring up the messaging screen!
From the chat screen, you can type out your message, and then click the
“Paper Plane Icon ” in the bottom right of your screen to send. If you wish to add more people to the chat, you can select the “People” button in the bottom left of your screen.
In Pulse Wallet drivers can enter sweepstakes to redeem points for e-gift cards to use at a multitude of different stores! Click here to learn more about Pulse Wallet and rewards.
True Fuel helps both drivers and carriers improve on fuel efficiency. In the Pulse App, drivers can opt-in to this free service and begin collecting information on their driving behaviors. You will receive a weekly scorecard to see how you're performing and where you might be able to improve (meaning save $$$ on fuel). Drivers can manage which carriers they want to share their driving behavior information with, based on who they are working for. Learn more about True Fuel here!
The “FMCSA” button allows you to navigate directly to the FMCSA Clearinghouse Website to either register for an account, or to log in to approve any Clearinghouse Requests on a Pre-Employment Clearinghouse Query.
Once you have logged in, your pending requests will show here:
Driver Legal Plan (DLP) is an national law firm dedicated to protecting the rights of truck drivers, and therefore the interests of trucking companies. We’ve integrated with them so you can enjoy their services directly from the Pulse app. By clicking into the Driver Legal Plan button, you will be prompted to create a new account and sign up directly with the Driver Legal Plan.
All Pulse Users have access to the full Pulse Training Library (also available in Spanish and French). Within this section, you can take trainings to further boost your prospects as a driver. After completing a training course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that will be stored in your profile that you can provide to carriers.
If you are currently working with a company, any trainings that have been assigned to you by that company will appear in the top section of this screen under “Pending Company Training”. (Please note: any course under the “Pulse Training Content” section is optional and may not be required by the company you are applying for.)
Companies and the Carrier Home Page
Under “Companies,” you will find all companies that you have applied to. You can click into each company that you have applied to and enter their “carrier home page” where you will have many different options available to you to interact with the company.
At the top of the screen, you will see the progress of your application beneath the name of the company. Each company has a recruiting process on their Tenstreet dashboard that they utilize to track the progress of each candidate through to hire.
Like the home page, you will have a few different buttons at the top that you can view. The “Tasks” button will show any tasks that the company you’re viewing has assigned to you.
The “Apply” button will take you directly to the application for the company you are currently viewing.
The “Docs” button will allow you to upload your documents you currently have saved to your driver profile. This button will take you straight to your documents, giving you the ability to upload, delete, or send to specific companies. For help with uploading documents, please see How do I upload documents in Driver Pulse?
When your application has been received by a company, if there is a recruiter assigned, you will see their name here, as well as a button to call, or to send them a message to check on the status of your application.
- Like - Allows you to give a 5-Star rating to the company to help boost their ratings within Driver Pulse for other drivers to see.
- Send Docs - Proactively send documents to the company.
- Refer - Are you loving your company so much that you want your fellow driving friends to come work with you? The “Refer” button allows you to refer your friends who are also drivers to apply to the company. This will give you a QR Code that they can scan with their phone for them to apply directly to that carrier, or you can enter in their information to send to the company directly for them to reach out. The “History” button in the top right will show you any driver referrals you have made in the past.
- Broadcast - View any video messages the company has sent you.
- Block - If you’re not interested in either working for the company or do not want any further communication from them, you can block the company here. To unblock the carrier, you will need to reapply to the company to reopen communications.
- Profile - Review the company’s profile on Driver Pulse and will give you a little bit more information about what they do, who they are, and what to expect when applying to that company.
- Positions - View the active jobs that a company is currently hiring for. From here you will see a small description for each job and can click on the titles to apply specifically for that position. When you click into a job, it will show you the locations that the position is currently hiring for, as well as a Job Description to give you a little bit more information regarding that specific job posting.
- Rewards - If the company has rewards set up, specifically a company-sponsored sweepstakes, this is where you will access it and view your history.
- Driving Events
The “History” section of this page will show you all updates to your application for that specific company, as well as any messages between you and the company.
“How’d my data get here?” / Application Transparency
The Application Transparency feature in Driver Pulse gives you full visibility into where you have shared your application data and what companies have access to. The feature also gives you control over how you can be contacted (by email, text, or the Driver Pulse app).
To see all the carriers who have ever received your application data (the Application Transparency view), tap the blue “How’d my data get here?” link on your Driver Pulse home screen.
For more information, please see our article on Application Transparency (the "How'd my data get here?" button)
Bottom Navigation Bar
This button will take you back to the home page of driver pulse, no matter what screen you are currently on in the app.
This button will bring you to the Jobs screen. Please see the above section on Jobs located in the Main Section for a detailed breakdown of this screen.
Upon clicking on the “Menu” button, you will have a menu display in the top left of your screen:
You can click on the top section that includes your name and profile picture to navigate to your Profile Section. Please see the section in the “Top Section” of this article for more information on how to edit your Profile.
- Home - Go back to the home page of the Driver Pulse App
- Job Search - Quickly navigate to the Jobs section to view active job postings
- Messages - Quickly navigate to the Messages tool to manage your communications
- Documents - Go to the documents that you have uploaded, filled out, or completed within Driver Pulse.
- Application Transparency - Go to the app transparency screen, to view where you have shared your application data and manage which companies have access to it.
- Wallet - Quick navigate to the Wallet screen to view your balance and redeem points for gift cards
- Settings - Manage your settings for the Driver Pulse App including language, push notifications, text message notifications, legal items, and log out